David M Mills
Tessa Marwick &
Rosa Luisa Rossi
Dr. Philipp Bull
As events have kept us apart for so long, we look forward to this week to be finally again all together in Berlin.
At this Congress we put the focus on the expertise of each individual teacher, on our collective wisdom, and on the diversity and uniqueness of our work. We are striving to offer a rich and varied program that enables you to make active choices and that allows you to make the Congress your own.
We warmly welcome all those interested in the Alexander Technique from a multitude of backgrounds in the hope that we all may meet, share, and move forward into the future together. The Congress encourages the participation of experienced and new Alexander teachers alike, as well as students on training courses. Alexander Technique pupils, and any other interested people, are also welcome to attend.
With your participation, we hope to deepen our understanding of the work, expand our skills, learn from stellar keynote speakers, and raise public awareness about the technique.
In short: We will be…
Nurturing Our Work – NOW!
Days to Congress
- New page Food & Drink
- New page NOW MensaCard Deal
- Activities are online!
- Extra Booking added to Boat Tour page
- Bookshop page added
- Workshop Submission is open!
- Continuous Learning, How-To and Keynote Presentations confirmed and online!
Check out the program overview
- Check out the full timetable of the entire Congress week.
- Never miss our emails – please check your Spam folder. More info on our FAQ page
We are trying our best to maintain the Congress as an open platform for learning and exchange, while keeping everybody as safe as possible.
- Recently, national restrictions have been lifted for the most part, so we are cautiously optimistic that we will be able to come together without too many obstacles. Of course, the pandemic conditions can always change, and national regulations might change accordingly.
- We are offering every attendee an extraordinary cancellation policy for their booking, should the pandemic or Berlin regulations make it difficult or impossible for them to attend. And, we also have a contingency plan ready, if all goes not as we hope.
- Details can be found on our dedicated COVID-19 info page.
Continuous Learning (CL) sessions are given by very experienced Alexander Technique teachers. Pick two classes running over two days each.
How-to run parallel to the Continuous Learning sessions. These are daily two-hour sessions with teachers who have deep knowledge on specific topics.
Special presentations by renowned speakers from outside and inside of our AT community.
We have an incredibly beautiful space for exchanging work with other teachers. It is called the Lichthof but we nicknamed it the Angel Hall. This spacious bright open space spanning several floors is a perfect setting for learning and sharing.
Check it out on our TU page.
The perfect opportunity to explore a variety of topics from different perspectives.
Get inspired, ask questions and join in the discussion!
Latest program updates, highlights of events that have happened throughout the day as well as information about the following day.
Half-hour with Bob and his guest(s) you do not want to miss!
Special interest groups – talks about a specific theme with a moderator and those who are interested in the topic.
Meet, share and learn from each other and maybe even create something new.
Morning & Evening
Activities have doubled up and will now take place in the mornings as well as in the evenings!
Qigong, Meditation, Yoga, Dance and more…
A week full of events can be a lot to take in and to process. This is why we make sure everyday there will be time with no official programme. It will be your time and space open to whatever you feel like doing, not-doing or perhaps even non-doing.
Events for the general public
Raise the Alexander Technique awareness throughout Berlin!
Introductory lectures, workshops and one-on-one lessons. Flash mobs, walking and bike tours across Berlin. Activities and showcase lessons at Berlin’s most recognisable locations and sights. You name it!
Congress Boat Tour
Thursday afternoon is free.
Use the time off to explore the endless sights Berlin has to offer.
Or join us on the Evening Dinner Boat Tour, exclusively for Congress participants!
The Congress is a place for everyone. Let’s celebrate our vibrant community. With music, games, walks, dance, movies and more!