This Workshop-Mini has already taken place.
Good Use of Hunter and Gatherer People and Spiritual Direction
- “Living in the Present” 12 min. of my expedition to the Bushmen of the Kalahari in Namibia. This film shows a small band of !Kung Bushmen, going out hunting with bows and arrows. You see women and girls playing and dancing to complicated rhythms, chanting age old polyphonic songs. For us as AT teachers it is fascinating to see their balanced and coordinated way of moving, that due to our life-style, we now need to relearn. Even the aged headman displays these coordinated movements when he comes out of a squat and picks up his quivers or when he demonstrates crawling while stalking prey.
- Scenes from “Ichi daiji no innen nai” The Great Matter of sitting in Zazen (DVD 53 minutes,in English/German). After an invitation from my longtime Zen Master Harada Roshi, I visited his Monastery. A classical Japanese Soto Zen monastery that trained young monks. Quite exceptionally I was allowed to film everything. Like a fly on the wall we acompany the monks on their begging tours, attend the eating ceremony and other ceremonies dating back to the time of Buddha. Three senior monks speak about the “True Self”, about enlightenment and about how to deal with aggression and violence.
About Hella Linkmeyer
• Child- and adulthood in Germany and Southern Africa.
• Study of Arts and culture, at University of Cape Town, South Africa.
• M.A in Literature and History of Art in Munich and Tübingen, Germany.
• Teaching, writing and studying painting in Berlin.
• While teaching literature at a University in Wales ,I had my first lessons in Alexander Technique with Jean Clark and Tony Spawnforth in Bristol in 1983.
• Training as a Teacher of the AT at the International School of AT in Denmark with Karen Wentworth and Chris Stevens from 1984-1987.
• Time in Namibia, where I came into contact with the Bushmen for the first time. I realized the potential for a film when I saw how they lived and went about their lives with such amazing good use. I trained in documentary film making, to organize an expedition in order to film the Bushmen of the Kalahari.
• Since 2018, I have been, living in Cape Town, South Africa
See also: Hella Linkmeyer – Presenter Detail Page
Friday, 26 August 2022
12:45 h - 13:15 h (12.45pm-1.15pm)
Floor: EG (ground floor)
Room: H 0111
AT Principles and Procedures||Everyday Activities||Connections to other Modalities/Techniques